Thursday, September 11, 2008

i'm hungry



what I don't feed will die..pride ,unforgiveness, shame, bitterness, anger, control, independence, gossip, criticism, impatience, guilt, selfishness, comparison jealousy, envy, greed..complaining..finding something wrong with everything and everyone

what I feed will live...,believing the best about others , kindness, gentleness ,thankfulness, patience for myself and with others, self-restraint, preferring others interests above my own, compassion, forgiveness, ...a smile, laughter, encouragement, grace, generosity,honesty, a helping hand, teachablility

today help me God to believe who I really am so that I'm so secure in You i can take off my heavy garb and put on your servants towel. ...place your life-giving words on my lips OR shut my mouth!

Matthew 15:11

It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”

(defile= to debase the pureness or excellence of..
that's us and others made in His likeness!)


and for us visual learners the Message version....

10-11 He then called the crowd together and said, "Listen, and take this to heart. It's not what you swallow that pollutes your life, but what you vomit up."
yuck...yuck ...yuck... smelly and not pretty...

l


2 comments:

Battle Maiden said...

hey beautiful friend...great words of exhortation!! our greatest gift can be our worst enemy if not brought under the control of the Spirit of the Living God eh? "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight oh God my Rock and my Redeemer" Psalms.
Amen! So glad to read your stories and to stay connected this way!

Roo said...

note to self: must not read lindas blog and try to make supper at the same time.

hehehe i burnt it!!! xoxo love your thoughts.